Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience, and know the One who desires to make us whole. Get more information about these fundamental beliefs.
Summary of our beliefs
- In the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus became a human being, died for our sins, was raised the third day, ascended to the heavens, there to make intercession for us always
- The gospel—the good news that through Jesus, God’s kingdom is now—and that all who believe may enter and find life.
- That Christianity is a life of learning from Jesus how to live in His kingdom and that He lays claim to 100% of all we are and possess.
- That the church is the community of God’s people called to bear witness to the gospel.
- Spiritual gifts equip the people of God and edify the Body of Christ
- That the Holy Scriptures are the inspired word of God and guide the church in its witness.
- That the seventh-day Sabbath is holy time and God’s signature upon creation and redemption.
- In the literal, personal and soon coming of Christ
- That humanity by nature is mortal and eternal life is a gift of God through Christ.
- In the glorious resurrection of the righteous dead at the second coming of Christ where everything will be made new and sin will be no more
- Our bodies are the temple of God’s Spirit and should be treated as such.
- That the Christian life should be characterized by simplicity and modesty and that our wealth spent to alleviate the suffering of the poor and needy.